Water Mixable Oil Paints
This course is specifically aimed at artists who are keen to use water mixable oil paints and would like to explore how best to use them. Relatively new, water mixable oils are ideal for artists who don’t get on with the smell of ‘traditional’ oil paints or who want a simple option for travelling with oil paints. The course will consider the best paints to use and, importantly, which mediums work best to thin your paints and how they can be best used. The course with include:
- A review of water mixable oil paints as well as the mediums available to use with them
- A chance to try different paint and medium combinations to see what works best for your painting
- Painting a landscape painting using water mixable oils, including a medium based on your earlier tests
- A review of the morning’s work before lunch
- Painting ‘en plein air’ outside the studio to use water mixable oils ‘in the field’
- A review of the afternoon
The course will have no more than 8 pupils to ensure plenty of time for one to one tuition and all materials are included in the price. Tea and coffee are provided as is a simple lunch (e.g. soup and a roll) or you are welcome to bring your own food.
The Water Mixable Oils course costs £85 and runs on the dates shown below. If you would like to book a place please contact Paul on 01380 860340 or use the ‘contact us’ button below and let us know when you would like to join us.