Still Life from Life
This course is to develop your Still Life painting skills and will be a day dedicated to painting directly from life. The course is a natural progression from our Still Life techniques course, although if you have some experience with oil paints there is no requirement to attend this first. The course will be taught using demonstrations but mainly through a practical day of painting and tuition to develop your still life paintings. The course will include:
- An introduction to the day and to different techniques for painting still life.
- Spending the morning painting a still life picture from an arrangement set up within the studio, including with a demonstration.
- A review of the mornings painting before lunch
- Spending the afternoon painting a different still life arrangement set up within the studio, including with a demonstration.
- A review of the day and notes to take away
The course will have no more than 8 pupils to ensure plenty of time for one to one tuition and all materials are included in the price. Tea and coffee are provided as is a simple lunch (e.g. soup and a roll) or you are welcome to bring your own food. If you are new to oil painting we suggest that you would gain more from this course if you have participated in our ‘Introduction to oil painting’ day which will provide you with some of the techniques used during this course.
The ‘Still Life from Life’ course costs £65 (£70 from January 2020) and runs on the dates shown below. If you would like to book a place please contact Paul on 01380 860340 or use the ‘contact us’ button below and let us know when you would like to join us.