Achieving a convincing sky is key to the success of any landscape painting and this course aims to provide you with techniques to achieve this. The painting skies course is designed to teach you how to create a sky which works with the mood and subject matter of your chosen landscape and which enhances picture The course will be taught using demonstrations, but mainly through a practical day of painting and tuition to help you create vibrant skies. The course will include:
- Using glazes and warm and cool colours to create depth in your skies
- Creating a sky that works with your landscape
- Techniques for painting clouds
- Using the sky to create focus in your pictures
- Painting two pictures in which to bring these ideas together
- A review of the day and notes to take away
The course will have no more than 8 pupils to ensure plenty of time for one to one tuition and all materials are included in the price. Tea and coffee are provided as is a simple lunch (e.g. soup and a roll) or you are welcome to bring your own food. If you are new to oil painting we suggest that you will gain more from this course if you have participated in our ‘Introduction to oil painting’ day which will provide you with some of the techniques we explore further as we paint different skies.
The Painting skies course costs £70 and runs on the dates shown below. If you would like to book a place please contact Paul on 01380 860340 or use the ‘contact us’ button below and let us know when you would like to join us.